Field trials may not always be practical. Alternatively, they can be crucial in determining the success of the process at an early stage and must therefore be considered. Deep Soil Mixing Ltd agree the aims and scope of a trial with the client/engineer/contractor several weeks before the main works are due to commence.
We plan trials so that they address all of the conditions anticipated in the main works, using the same plant selected for the main works. We collect sufficient data to be able to make well informed decisions about the process, ensuring the success of the project.
Field trials do have certain limitations, including:
- The cost of mobilising all of the plant for a one or two day operation
- The availability of plant that may well be working on other projects
- The accessibility or suitability of the trial area location
The factors that will influence the decision for field trials include:
- The size of the main project
- The scale of the monitoring process during the working operation
- The experience of the contractor to deal with this type of project
- The ability to correct problematic sections during the main works